Gavan is a member of both the Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Institute of Incorporated Public Accountants. He graduated from GMIT in 1999 with a Diploma in Business Studies (Accounting). He joined Duffy & Company in 1999 after graduation. He gained valuable international experience with BGK Chartered Accountants, Montreal, Canada during a sabbatical year in 2006. Gavan has built up a knowledge base that includes the credit union sector, audit & assurance and all aspect of business need. Having a natural interest in computers and software means Gavan is well placed to advise on system requirements for your business. He has also completed part-time with NUIG for a Bachelor of Arts degree in English & History.
- National Diploma in Business Studies (Accounting), GMIT, 1999
- Associate Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants, admitted 2005
- Associate Member of the Institute of Incorporated Public Accountants, admitted 2005
- Certificate in International Financial Reporting Standards, ACCA, 2010
- Bachelor in Arts, NUIG, 2012